Office Depot Enterprise Loss Prevention & Safety Manager in Seattle, Washington
The Enterprise Loss Prevention & Safety Manager is responsible for protecting associates, customers, and company profits by managing loss prevention, safety and environmental strategies within an assigned area.
The position supports all field and corporate business units, including but not limited to, Retail, Supply Chain, Business Solutions Division, Human Resources, Legal, eComm, Federation, and company subsidiaries.
Support requires knowledge of the various business units and systems. The role coaches consistency of programs and policies to deliver a safety culture, shrink reduction, operational execution, regulatory compliance, physical security, and investigative casework.
In addition to coaching associates, conducting inspections, audit management, criminal and procedural investigations, the role also responds to crisis events, providing guidance and support to the business. Prompt response and informed guidance is a requirement of the role.
Travel within the assigned markets is 50%- 75% of the time. Travel outside of the assigned area may be required based on business needs.
1. Implement strategic loss prevention and safety initiatives for all business units and support functions to safeguard associates and company profits:
• Partner with Site and Market Leaders to drive impact with LP & Safety programs.
• Analyze data to identify areas of risk and partner with managers to remedy.
• Conduct site visits to coach leaders to recognize and mitigate exposure within their business
• Support physical security needs (examples- alarm and CCTV systems, electronic article surveillance, merchandise security hardware, and premises security)
• Implement loss prevention, safety awareness, and environmental programs
• Champion a healthy loss prevention and safety culture for all associate
2. Conduct audits to validate safety, process, and regulatory compliance:
• Evaluate Safety behavior, awareness, and facility conditions to ensure associate and customer safety
• Evaluate Processes and execution to verify policy compliance, efficiency, and profit protection
• Evaluate Regulatory Compliance standards and performance for required business ratings. Examples: OSHA, EPA, DOT, SOX, C-TPAT, & D&T
3. Deliver Training
• Partner with Site and Market leaders to ensure required compliance training is executed.
• Develop resources and support training to address identified needs and exposures for Safety, Processes, or Regulatory Audits
4. Criminal, procedural, and ethical investigations
• Conduct professional investigations to identify, research, and resolve criminal, procedural, or ethical concerns surfaced through the Hotline, analytics, audits, or in support of business partners’ investigations
• Deliver investigative reporting to support appropriate responses to include corrective action, termination, and / or prosecution
• Partner with law enforcement agencies and Organized Crime Associations to successfully remedy internal and external theft against the company
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Area of Study: Business, Management, Criminal Justice, Accounting, Law
Years of Experience: Minimum 5 year experience in related field
Type of Experience: Minimum 2 years Loss Prevention Leadership role
(CPA, Etc.) • Interview/Interrogation, LPC, CFI
Language Skills: •
Technical Competencies: • Microsoft Office Suite, Investigation casework, Safety, Environmental, Regulatory Compliance
Skills and Ability: Communication
• Must be comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization- hourly associate to Vice President
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required – documenting of audit findings to providing case testimony
• Deliver training for policy and procedures
• Builds partnerships with business partners
• Understanding of each business unit’s process and systems for research and audit ability
Physical Security and Safety Awareness:
• Provide professional assessment of risk and physical security plans for all assigned business units
• Providing guidance to business leaders during crisis
• Knowledgeable of OSHA guidelines for injury, illness, and prevention programs
• Liaison with local, regional & federal authorities, OSHA, C-TPAT, Dept of Agriculture, Dept of Health, and LP/Safety vendors
• Required to manage a variety of projects and performance measures across multiple business units
• Detailed audit and process review ability- strong organizational skills
• Construct and deliver impactful presentations from work product
Investigation and Interview Knowledge:
• Solid understanding of investigative techniques, applicable laws and industry practices
• Understanding proper procedures for pursuing criminal prosecution while working in various legal jurisdictions and with different law enforcement organizations
• Conducts professional investigative interviews
• Manage and maintain confidential information
• Models company values while coaching employees
• Recognizes opportunities to improve existing policy and procedure and provides recommendations for change
(People Soft, etc.)
Warehouse Management System (WMS), Store Inventory Management System, Aspect, ThinkLP, Remote Access Systems (CCTV), Research and Investigative systems.
Personal Attributes: Problem solving, Decision Quality, Accountability, Interpersonal Communication, Motivating Others
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.